Environment Agency Consultation Ends this Week
Please submit your comments NOW!
The consultation on the BREP Permit Application is being ended this week by the Environment Agency. Â The purpose of this is for members of the public to respond to the information provided by Peel in order to:
- Ensure it is accurate
- Provide any additional information which should be taken into consideration by the EA, when determining whether to grant the permit.
The permit application can be viewed by requesting them on a CD (contactÂ Tony Poole including your postal address) or by visiting the following locations:
- Davyhulme Library, Hayeswater Road, Davyhulme, M41 7BL
- Access Trafford Contact Centre, Sale Waterside, Sale, M33 7ZF
- Eccles Gateway, 28 Barton Lane, Eccles M30 0TU
- Stretford Library, Kingsway, Stretford, M32 8AP
- Urmston Library, Golden Way, Urmston, M41 0NA
To respond to the application, please click here to use our pre-formatted email. Some types of information which would be useful to the EA are listed below:
- Point out anything that is factually wrong in the application.
- Fill in any missing local information e.g. if local schools nearby â€“we know the area better than the other parties involved, so if anything is missing, we need to raise it.
- Mention any new developments which may have been missed which need to be taken into consideration.
- Focus on pollution, noise and impacts of the plant, as these are the parts the EA will consider.
The EA were also keen to stress that this is an open and independent consultation. Â They also pointed out that despite claims made in the press by Peel, the EA have NOT already stated that this is a suitable location for an incinerator.
It is therefore in our hands to ensure that nothing is missed in the permit application.Â Please view the plans and comment â€“ once again, we need everyoneâ€™s input!
For more information click below.