Council Election Candidates, What can you do to help us now?
Many of us have been left vastly disappointed by the recent decision to permit an incinerator amongst our community. We want the environment and its impact on our health to be taken seriously.
Below are some questions that you may wish to ask your local election candidates to evaluate how seriously they take this issue too.
1. How are you going to make sure we do not end up in the same situation as BREP ever again?
2. What are you doing to ensure air quality is safe in our area?
3. How are you going to work towards reducing air pollution and its impact on health in our area?
4. What are your next steps for stopping the Davyhulme Incinerator?
5. What is your party’s approach to working with Peel in the future, given that they have walked all over us and the Council in the incinerator case?
6. Some local schools are in Air Quality Management Areas (e.g. Kingsway Park, Highfield). What are you doing to protect the health of these children?
7. How will you ensure that monitoring takes place for a full range of air pollutants across Trafford, rather than just for a few pollutants in Stretford?
8. What are you going to do to stop the coal bed methane drilling (which is a sister process to drilling for shale gas/ fracking) from taking place and releasing yet more pollution into our community?
9. How are you holding United Utilities in Davyhulme to account for releasing two million gallons of radioactive water into the Manchester Ship Canal? And also for UU failing to mention this when questioned about it by our MP, Kate Green?
10. Will you ensure Trafford’s Policies contain firm statements that protect us against harmful developments and address our air quality?
For more information on these issues, please see: