Trafford Waters Approved, despite BCAG Opposition
The Breathe Clean Air Group declares that the development known as Trafford Waters will be extremely unhealthy and particularly dangerous for children due to vehicle emissions, proximity of the Primary school to a large electricity substation, and toxic air particles from the proposed, nearby Barton Renewable Energy Plant (aka Davyhulme Incinerator).
The quote from Trafford Council Planners below is frightening.
With respect to air quality and potential impact on human health, the site is considered to be suitable for residential development providing that any apartments introduced close to Trafford Boulevard/Trafford Way are located above ground-floor level, or supported by appropriate mitigation/justification. The impact of the development on the air quality of existing sensitive receptors outside of the site is considered to be acceptable and the effect deemed not to be significant.
BCAG objected to this development on the following grounds:
- Current air pollution is already already breaching Legal Limits
- Traffic volumes and congestion on the roads would increase
- Flood Risk as the development is to be built on a Flood Plain
- The proximity of the development to the Davyhulme Sewage Works, where noxious odours are already being emitted.
- Proximity of the site to the Davyhulme Incinerator development due to health risks associated with this incinerator.
Click here to read our full objection, to see why are opposed: